A variety of housing options are available to RMUoHP students within Provo and the surrounding area. All housing is off-campus and generally includes apartments or houses for residential students and discounted hotels for non-residential, post-professional students. The University does not own, operate, or maintain housing facilities for students and students are permitted to stay in a facility of their choosing. Students are encouraged to obtain housing that is convenient, clean and safe. In addition to the housing resources provided below, students will find information related to transportation in the local area (i.e., bus and train service, car rental, shuttle service).
For assistance on housing-related questions, students may contact Student Services at email@example.com or 801.375.5125.
Students enrolled in RMUoHP’s residential Doctor of Physical Therapy program reside in local housing owned and operated outside of the University’s purview. Students are encouraged to obtain housing that is convenient, clean and safe. Some resources for finding suitable housing are provided below. Students may also simply conduct Internet searches including terms such as Provo, apartment, rental, etc.
For RMUoHP’s post-professional, non-residential programs, students generally stay at the facilities listed below, but may stay wherever they prefer and are encouraged to price-shop online for better rates. Discounted rates have been arranged at most (as indicated), and when making reservations at one of these, be sure to mention you’re a student at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions for the Rocky Mountain University rate. Rates posted below do not include taxes.
The hotels within easy walking distance of the university (less than 5 minutes) are indicated with a double star **.
**Provo Hampton Inn (1511 South 40 East, Provo) 801.377.6396 (ask for RMU Student Rate)
$95/night + taxes and fees. (2017)
Within walking distance from campus; includes free Internet, breakfast, refrigerators and microwaves, fitness room, indoor pool and Jacuzzi. (See the e-brochure.)
** Fairfield Inn by Marriott Provo (1515 S University Avenue, Provo) 801.377.9500 (ask for RMU Student Rate)
$84.00+12.60%=$94.58 September 1 – March 31
$89.00+12.60%=$100.21 April 1 – August 31
Within walking distance from campus; includes free high-speed Internet, indoor pool and hot tub, deluxe continental breakfast, refrigerators and microwaves, and on-site fitness room. 10 – 20 % discounts at local restaurants, just show your room key.The Fairfield Inn was remodeled in 2013.
Provo Residence Inn by Marriott (252 West 2230 North, Provo) 801.374.1000 (ask for RMU Student Rate)
$105(Single and Double Suite)/night + taxes and fees. (2017)
All rooms offer free WiFi, fully equipped kitchen, and HDTV.
Fully equipped on-site Fitness Center open 6 am – 11 pm Mon.-Sun.
Indoor pool open 6 am – 11 pm Mon.-Sun.
Free shuttle, by appointment, Mon.-Fri 9 am – 8 pm Mon. – Fri.
Free hot breakfast buffet served daily. Approximately 4 miles from both campus.
Free dinner included with rate Mon., Tues., and Wed. evening
Approximately 4 miles from campus. Currently undergoing renovations on rooms and lobby.
Airbnb Rent unique accommodations from local hosts in 191+ countries. Feel at home anywhere you go in the world with Airbnb. Rent from people in Provo from $20/night
The majority of students will fly into the Salt Lake City International Airport (approx. 40-60 minutes from campus). However, students may connect directly to the Provo Municipal Airport through Phoenix/Mesa or Oakland via Allegiant Air. Students should verify with their hotel if free shuttle transportation is available to and from the Provo Airport. All students may also take advantage of Utah’s effective bus service, the Utah Transit Authority, and monthly or semester student passes.
- Salt Lake City International (SLC) Airport
- Hotel Shuttles Contact your hotel directly to ensure shuttle availability and make reservations.
- Uber For riders, Uber is a convenient, inexpensive and safe taxi service. You can hire a private driver to pick you up and take you to your destination with the tap of a button on your phone – and they’ll be there in minutes. For first time users, click on code to receive a discount coupon. First time Provo Uber Guide.
- Riverwoods Shuttle (Airport/Local Shuttle) 801.691.0978; Ask for RMU student discount rate
- Express Shuttle (Airport Shuttle) 1.800.397.0773, approximately $32 (RMU student discount rate) each way from the Salt Lake City International Airport. Ask for the RMU student discount when making reservations.
- Shuttle Park City (Private Shuttle) 435.565.1823 (use promo code RockyMountain13 for discount). Shuttle Park City is an upscale, private SUV service that transports passengers directly to and from their destination at the passengers’ selected time. Rates from the Salt Lake City International Airport to Provo: May through November – 1-3 people are $65 per SUV and 4-6 people are $85 per SUV. December through April – 1-3 people are $85 per SUV and 4-6 people are $110 per SUV. For students who might be traveling to and from the airport at approximately the same times, this is often the most efficient and cost-effective option. If calling, be sure to ask for the Rocky Mountain University discount.
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car – 801.377.7100
- Utah Transit Authority – Public transportation; Buses stop approximately .5 miles from the University. Student rates are also available. Students may order their student bus pass online and then pick up the pass from Student Services.
- City Taxi Utah 801.687.0017