The time has never been better for licensed Occupational Therapists to go obtain a doctorate degree. You may be asking yourself, why should I go back for a Post-Professional OTD right now, and why should I choose Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions (RMUoHP)? Well, here are the top nine reasons our program stands out.
1. CONVENIENCE- Our four semester program uniquely pairs interactive online learning with strategically placed immersion days, and is designed for the working professional. Our students spend three to four days each semester (about every three months), on campus in an intensive collaborative learning environment, networking with classmates from many different regions and clinical backgrounds. This creates a very rich learning and networking environment.
2. ENGAGED FACULTY- Our nationally-respected faculty receive top reviews from our students each semester for their knowledge, mentorship and student-centeredness. Small class sizes make it possible for students to receive personal attention and interaction from faculty members and program directors throughout the program (and after they graduate)!
3. COMPETITIVE COST- Our Post-Professional OTD program tuition is among the lowest in the nation when compared with cost per credit and overall tuition cost.
4. FINANCIAL OPPORTUNITY- Applicants for the Fall 2015 Post-Professional OTD cohort can apply at no cost! (No special code is required when applying). Plus, RMUoHP is offering 3 (three) $2,000 OTD Advancing Knowledge scholarships for the incoming Fall 2015 cohort.
5. NETWORKING- Our OTD leadership network of more than 500 faculty, students and alumni are advancing the OT profession. More than 40 RMUoHP alumni, students and faculty members presented at the 2015 AOTA conference and Expo in Nashville, TN, representing the University. Our program is full of OTs who are advancing the OT profession through evidence-based practice, leadership and clinical excellence.
6. SATISFIED STUDENTS- Our students are so happy with our program that they want their friends to come here too! 99% of our most recent graduating cohort reported being satisfied or very satisfied with their experience in the Post-Professional OTD program. They, along with their more than 400 RMUoHP OTD alumni are proving this every day- at present, 34% of our current OTD students have been referred to this program by those alumni!
7. PROFESSIONAL GROWTH– Our OTD graduates enjoy more diverse professional and leadership opportunities, including invited lecturing, OT association and employment leadership positions, teaching, mentoring, advising, clinical treatment diversity and incorporation of evidence-based clinical principles. Earning a clinical doctorate brings OTs to the forefront of clinical best-practices, enhances professional autonomy and may provide opportunities for equitable representation on multidisciplinary healthcare teams.
8. SPECIALTY TRACKS- Our program has one of the broadest selections of specialty tracks alongside the general program, including Education, Pediatrics, Aging (won’t be offered again until Fall 2016!), Work & Health, Administration & Practice Management and Hand Therapy (only offered in Spring). These specialty tracks allow students to specialize to their client base or career goals.
9. ACADEMIC ADVANCEMENT– Our OTD program prepares students to become research-consumers who utilize evidence-based practice in the clinical setting. Students who choose to attend RMUoHP for their Post-Professional OTD learn how to apply qualitative and quantitative research, along with the clinical skills for treating and working with patients in a variety of settings.
The timing has never been better! Start our OTD program this Fall and an OTD is within your reach before the end of next year!
Contact a program advisor at 801.375.5125 or [email protected] to find out if this program is a good fit for you this Fall!